Forms Plus is a new component of Forms Manager that allows you to use Forms to manage simple events.
You can add special "Registration Elements" to a form to activate its Registration features. You'll then configure the types of seat(s) you want to offer and basic event details. The form is published just like any other form on your site.
This article will walk you through the process of creating a Registration Form.
Creating a Registration Form
Start by opening up a new or saved form. For this example, we'll start with a blank form and create a registration program for some summer events.
From the Element Library dropdown menu on the right, select "Registration Elements."
Adding an element from the Registration Elements list will automatically designate this as a 'registration' form. (Likewise, adding an "RSVP" field will activate the RSVP feature - see below.)
- Number Spinner - Used to set the number of people who will attend the event
- Number Box - Same as above, site users enter the number of event attendees
- RSVP - Registration Forms can be used to collect RSVP information from a list of invited guests (as opposed to allowing public registration for an event) when an RSVP field is added
- Tiered Pricing - If your event offers a price discount for purchasing multiple tickets, this dropdown can be used to select the number of event participants
- Attendance Toggle - A simple way to register a single user at a time
Adding Form Elements
A form can have a maximum of 10 Registration Elements.
In this example form, I've created 3 summer sessions. Each one has a Text Block element with a description, and a Number Spinner element for registration. (This allows parents to register more than one student for each session, if desired.)
Each Number Spinner is configured to reflect the details and cost of its corresponding session.
Save the form, Publish it, and then Preview it to see how it will appear to site users.
Configuring the Registration Tab
After adding Registration Elements to a form, you'll then have to configure the event settings. This is done in the "Registration" tab.
The Registration Summary screen shows you a quick overview of current registrations for this event. (Since we're still building the form, there's no data here yet!)
Seating Types are a way to distinguish between individual event attendees, and let you use a single form to give event participants additional options when registering (such as signing up for a waitlist if an event is full).
See Using Seating Types for more details.
Publishing the Form
Once you are finished setting up your form, you can add it to your site so that users can register for your event. See Adding a Form to a Page on your Site for more details.