Your coaches can be set up with limited-access admin accounts, so that they can update Athletics Manager with event scores and recaps on their own. They can even do this from the sidelines with their mobile device with our Coach Mobile feature.
1. The first step is to set up your coaches with admin accounts.
To do this, create a new Admin User group, titled "Coaches". Set this group up with "Athletics Manager" access.
If you'd like all of your coaches to have full access to Athletics Manager, you can also enable the "Athletics Manager (admin)" permission. They will automatically have the ability to edit results for any athletic event, for any team. Their accounts do not require any further action, and they can login to Coach Mobile and start posting results right away.
2. If you only enabled the "Athletics Manager" permission, you'll need to customize the user permissions in Athletics Manager itself.
- Open Athletics Manager, and click the Teams tab at the top.
- Hover over the team you'd like to customize permissions for, and click the pencil icon in the menu to the left of the team.
- Click the "Team Rights" subtab to the left.
You can customize access based on entire admin groups, or for individual users. Let's assume that you want to give a single coach access to the team. Click the green "Add User Access" button under Users.
Select the admin user group, and the user from the dropdowns, and customize their access level. Various rights options are available:
- Team Administrator: A user with this access has rights to edit information on all of the tabs in Athletics Manager for the team to which they are assigned (except for the Rights tab itself). They can update the roster, create events, edit coaching staff details, etc.
- Event Publisher: This user has full access to the team's Events tab only. They will be able to update and edit any information related to any scheduled team events, add new events, edit existing events, and edit and publish scores.
- Results Publisher: This user has limited access only to the team's Events tab. They will be able to edit the "Result" (win/loss), "Score," and "Recap" data for each scheduled team event, which is published to the live site as soon as it is saved.
- Results Editor: This user has the same level of access as the Results Publisher, but when the event information is saved, the information is NOT published to the live site. Instead, someone with publishing rights will need to login to the Athletics Manager and publish the saved results.
Once a coach is set up with an admin account, access to Athletics Manager, and access to a team, they will be able to go to http://www.yoursite.org/admin on their phone (or their computer), and access the Coach Mobile feature.
Please Sign in to leave a comment if you don't see the comment box below.