Use this datasheet template to fill out student and parent data, then send it to Finalsite Support in a "Data Upload" ticket. We'll update your site's database to include this information.
Alternatively, follow the instructions in Upload constituent data to Constituent Manager to import the completed datasheet yourself.
How to use this datasheet
- Fill in the "Students" worksheet with the data for the students to be uploaded. Use a unique import ID for each student, and take note of them. For each student's teacher and/or advisor, enter the teacher's import ID in columns "R" and "S," respectively.
This worksheet will create "Parent" constituents, and their households. A spousal relationship will be created between the first parent (columns K–AL) and the sp_ parent (columns AM–BM). If a parent lives in another household (e.g., divorced parents), they should be included in a new row.
- Enter the name and address of the student's primary household on the Households-Parents worksheet.
- Enter the data for the student's parent(s) living in the primary household on that household's line. Columns K through AL are for the first parent, and columns AM through BM are for that parent's spouse. Each parent must have a unique import ID.
- If there is a second household, enter that household's name and address on a new line, then enter that household's parent data as in step 3.
This worksheet will define the relationships between the students on the first worksheet and the parents on the second worksheet.
- Enter the student's import ID in column A of the Relationships worksheet.
- Enter the import ID for the parent that lives with the student in column B. The student will be added to this parent's household. Enter that parent's relationship to the student (e.g., Mother, Father) in column C.
- If the first parent has a spouse in the same household, enter that parent's relationship to the student (e.g., Father, Step-Mother) in column D.
- If the student has a secondary household, enter the import ID of the first parent in that household in column E. Enter that parent's relationship to the student in column F and their spouse's relationship to the student in column G.
- If necessary, complete columns H through J for additional parents.
Save for upload
- Delete the instructions rows from each worksheet so that the column headers are the first row.
- Save each worksheet separately as a tab-delimited text file.