There are three ways to display Registration Manager events on Composer pages: either display Registration elements on a Page Manager page then an iFrame into a Composer page or using an Embed element, or linking to an event from a Calendar entry. Site admins can use either or both for any event they want to promote. This article explains both procedures.
Using an Embed element, you can integrate a Registration Manager event directly into a Composer page.
- Open the event you want to display in Registration Manager.
- Make a note of the event's "eventID" number, found in the Address Bar of your browser when editing the event:
- Navigate to/create the page where you want to display the event.
- Add an Embed element to the page.
- Open the Embed element settings, and paste this code in:
<iframe src="https://www.yourdomain.com/cf_eventReg/view.cfm?eventID=XYZ" width="100%" height="1200px"></iframe>
- Replace yourdomain.com with your school website's domain, and replace XYZ with the eventID number you noted in Step 1.
- Save and preview the page; adjust the size of the height and width declarations if necessary to display the event properly in the available space on the page.
The event registration fields will appear on the site page:
Calendar Entry Display
For this article, we'll assume that the event in Registration Manager has been fully set up.
Initial Calendar Setup
You'll need to do some one time setup to get your Calendar Manager ready for registration events:
- Open Calendar Manager.
- Click on the Calendars tab. (If you don't already have one, it can be a good idea to create a "Registration Manager Events" calendar group to organize your events.)
- Click New Calendar at the top.
- Leave the calendar type set to Normal, and give it a name, like "Registration Events". Select your Registration group from the Group dropdown, and then make any other customizations you wish.
- Create a New Event (from the Dashbord or Events tab).
- Give the event a title, and set the time/date
- Select the Registration Events calendar
- Add a description.
- Check the "Include Registration Manager Event" checkbox.
- Select your event from the dropdown. (Note: Only events that have fully completed setup will display here. If you do not see your event, check to make sure all data fields are filled out, including host name, and registration window.)
- Leave the Display Format option as "Event Registration".
- Save and Publish your event.
Displaying it on the Page
- In Composer, add a Calendar element to your page.
- Open the element settings.
- Select the Event display format.
- Choose your Registration Manager Events calendar.
The element will now display your event, as well as a link for users to use to register.