With Forms Manager, you can create forms that allow people to pay for things such as ticket sales or online donations. The default option for payment is by credit card, which can be processed and completed directly online. However, you may want to allow people to submit their payments another way, such as by check. To do this, you can set up alternate payment methods on a form and allow people to select which one they want to use.
Creating an alternate method of payment:
- Open the form in Forms Manager, and navigate to the Payment tab
- Click the green "Add payment type" link
- In the box, type the label you want to give it, e.g., "Check" or "Purchase Order" (Maximum 50 characters)
- Click the green disk icon to save it.
- Click the Edit Instructions link.
- In the pop-up, enter any relevant instructions for the user that pertain to this payment method. For example, this could include who to make a check out to, and the address to send it.
- Click Update, and then Save Changes to save your edits.
These alternate payment methods will appear after the user has submitted the form. The user will be able to choose how to proceed to the payment phase of the form submission process.
Removing an alternate method of payment:
From within the Payments tab, deselect the checkbox to the left of the payment method name.
Reporting on an alternate method of payment:
If a user selects an alternate payment method, the submission in the Results view will be listed as "Awaiting Payment" when a report is run for that form. An admin can follow-up with the user, if necessary, and can change the status manually by clicking the status.
To view non-credit card form results:
- Select the form in Forms Manager and go to the "Results" tab.
- Click "Set Columns"
- Under "Payment Info," select the "Payment Status" field to be displayed on the table by clicking on it - the "Payment Status" label will move from the right-hand column to the left side of the display.
Click the "Set" button to finalize the selection of columns on the table. The "Set Columns" window will close, and the table will now show the "Payment Status" column.
- Sort the table according to each submission's payment status by clicking on the small gray triangle in the "Payment Status" column header.
- All of the submissions that came in without a credit card payment will be grouped together, with the payment status reading "Awaiting Payment."
- After the payment for a non-credit card submission has arrived, form admins can change that submission's payment status by finding it on the table, hovering over that row, and clicking the pencil icon.
- A new window with all of the submission details will pop up. Click the "edit this entry" link at the top to change the Payment Status for this submission.