Clients who deployed with Google-powered site search and were later converted to the Finalsite search tool can make a change to their Google Analytics settings to display user’s site search terms in Google Analytics.
- Login to Google Analytics.
- Click “Admin” to bring up the Administration controls.
- Click on the “View Settings” panel. (If you have multiple views configured, you’ll have to repeat this process for each of them. Otherwise, just update the “Master View” settings.
- Turn Site Search Tracking to "ON"
- Enter a “q” into the Query Parameter Field.
- Scroll down and Save your settings.
This will ensure that when you view queries in Google Analytics, they’re listed together as a separate report on your site’s Search Results page.
If you would like to refer to Google's Documentation about this topic please see: Set up Site Search from Google