Collections are a great way to construct ordered lists of posts to display on your site. These can be used for course catalogs, special events, alumni and student profiles, and much more!
When creating a collection, site admins can click to add articles to the collection, and then drag and drop to set the posts' order. Then, a Posts element can be used to display these collections alone or alongside additional boards.
The collections feature can be found by navigating to Modules > Posts > Collections.
To create a new collection:
- Use the green "+ Add Collection" button on the left side Posts navigation.
- Once the collection is created, use the "+ Add to Collection" button in the upper right hand corner to get started.
- A new window pops up listing all of the Posts that have been created so far, showing their status, title, author, date created, and the Board they belong to.
- Select the articles to include in the collection.
- After selecting all of the articles for this collection, drag-and-drop them into the proper order they should be displayed in on the website.
- Click the "Save/Update" button at the bottom right of the screen when you are done.
Here is a quick animation demonstrating the process:
Once a collection is created, you can add it to pages using the "Posts" element in Composer. A Posts element can include a single collection on its own, or combine a collection and one or more boards together in the same element. (Don't worry about duplicate posts in an element that contains both collections and boards - the post will only show once.) One thing to note: expired posts will not show on a board or in a collection.