Once you launch your site, you can submit a list of your new site’s pages for Google to crawl and index.
1. Begin by going to the Search Console home page. You may want to sign in with an authoritative Google Account for your site, such as the account used to maintain your Google Analytics. Clicking on your user avatar at the top right of the page will allow you to change accounts, or click the blue “Sign in” button in the top right if you are not already signed in.
To add your website to Google Search Console as a ‘Property’, specify the full path to the site in the text field, and click the red “Add a property” button.
2. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to verify ownership of the property. Click the “Alternate Methods” tab.
Choose the first option “HTML tag” to add a meta tag to your site’s home page
In the first step of the instructions to verify site ownership by HTML, you’ll be asked to copy a provided meta tag, and paste it into your site's home page.
3. Since it should go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section, you’ll need to paste it in the Themes section in Composer.
Select the theme used on the homepage of your site.
4. Paste the provided meta tag in the External Assets textarea. There may be existing code there already, so just find an empty line below it, and paste it in. Click the Update button in the Composer toolbar in the lower right to save your changes.
5. Back on the Google Search Console verification page, click the red Verify button at the bottom. It may take a moment for Google to be able to read the meta tag from your homepage, so if the site can’t be verified at first, try again after waiting a minute or two.
6. Once you have successfully verified ownership of the site, continue to the Property Dashboard.
In the left navigation, you’ll see an option for “Crawl”. Click on the “Crawl” option to expand the navigation, and then select “Sitemaps”.
7. At the top right, there should be a button to “Add/Test Sitemap”. Click this button to reveal a textfield to input the path to your site’s sitemap.xml file. Enter fs/pages/sitemap.xml in the input field and click the Submit button (*for Page Manager sites, enter xmlsitemap.cfm instead).
Once the sitemap is submitted, you should be all set, and Google will use the sitemap to crawl and index the pages. It may take several days to several weeks for this to be complete.
This process only covers the specified domain, so if you are running multiple domains inside Composer, you’ll have to verify and submit a sitemap for each one.
It is also recommended that you Connect Google Analytics to Search Console so that Search Console data will be imported in Analytics and included in your Google Analytics reporting.
For more information about Search Console, you may want to check out Google’s introduction to Search Console and other help articles.