"Global" permissions for user access to features like templates, mailing lists and dynamic content are set on the "Permissions" screen in the Messages main menu.
In addition to global permission settings, granular permission settings can be set on individual templates, mailing lists or other features. They can further grant permission for users to edit those features beyond the defaults set by the global permissions.
List permissions can be managed at two levels: folder and individual list.
To access folder permissions, hover over the three-dot menu next to the folder, select Settings, then go to the Permissions tab.
To access permissions for an individual list, open the list and then click on the gear icon on the bottom right of the screen. Select the “Permissions” tab, then select the group you intend to assign permissions to.
At each level, there are four levels of permissions:
- View means that users can see the list membership and compose a message to that list, but cannot send without approval.
- View & Send allows users to send a message to the list.
- View, Edit & Send additionally provides the ability to add and remove subscribers from the list.
- Admin offers all of the permissions, including the ability to assign permissions to others.
Folder permissions offer a default level of access for all lists within the folder. Admin-level rights are necessary to create a new list within a folder. You can add permissions at the individual list level to a list within a folder to add more security to that list; however, the group or individual(s) with permission at the list level must also have permission for the folder the list exists within.
Message permissions may be managed via folders. To access folder permissions, hover over the three-dot menu next to the folder, select Settings, then go to the Permissions tab.
There are three levels of permissions:
- View means that users can see the messages within the folder.
- View, Edit allows users to make changes to messages in the folder, as well as create new messages in that folder.
- Admin offers all of the permissions, including the ability to assign permissions to others. It also offers the ability to move messages between folders.
A Messages user who has “Not Allowed” global permissions for Templates can be granted permission to use individual templates using the settings gear icon. Permissions for at least one template must be assigned in order for a user to create or edit messages.
Note: The various permission levels affect the user's ability to edit and delete locked rows in the message they are creating. In order to edit the template itself, “Admin” permissions are required at the global level.
There are three levels of template permissions:
View means that users can use the template, but cannot edit or delete locked rows in the message
View & Edit allows users to use the template and delete locked rows in the message, but not edit those locked rows
Admin allows users to use the template, delete and edit locked rows in the message
For each reply-to address, you can assign permissions to groups to be able to use it. Click on the gray gear icon to the right of each address to view permissions and select a group to give rights to.
Please Sign in to leave a comment if you don't see the comment box below.