In this Article
- Set up Locations Module
- Choose which posts to display
- Choose which calendars to display
- Choose which directory groups to display
- Choose which resources to display
The Locations module can helps your users customize the content they want to view on the app, whether you’re a district with many schools or an independent school with multiple campuses. Users will be able to choose the locations that interest them most and save them for future visits to the app.
This article explains how to set up Locations throughout your site to associate or connect content with your different venues.
Note: Using locations does not affect the content on the home screen of the app. It’s a good idea to use content here that has broad appeal to all app users.
Set up Locations Module
Start by setting up your locations in the Locations module. Refer to the article Getting started with Locations for more information on populating the location form and creating categories. Locations in the app will be sorted by category, then alphabetical. Once the Locations setup has been completed, you can configure your mobile app settings to display what you choose.
Choose which posts to display
Decide which posts you want displayed in the "News" area of your mobile app. Follow these steps to connect the folder containing selected boards and posts to a specific Location.
Note: All Boards in the folder that has been tied to a specific location will also be associated with that location.
Step 1: Open up your Boards in the Posts module and click on the three-dot menu next to the folder to open up your Settings. In Folder Settings, Use the Folder Location dropdown menu to select the location you want this folder to be connected to.
- Step 2: Once the Location has been connected to the Board Folder, you can then make sure those same boards are selected to display in the Mobile App. To do this, open up Mobile Apps > Content Settings and choosing Select Board will expand out your folders so you can select the boards whose posts you'd like to display.
Choose which calendars to display
Decide which calendars you want displayed in the "Calendar" or "Event" area of your mobile app. Follow these steps to connect your calendar groups to a specific Location.
Note: For a deeper understanding of calendar groups, check out the article "Organize calendars with groups and categories."
- Step 1: Open up the Calendars tab in Calendar Manager and click + New Group to create a group for each location, entering a name and description for each group.
- Step 2: Once you have your groups created, you can then move the calendars into the correct groups. In the Calendars tab, click the edit pencil next to any individual calendar to open up its Calendar Settings. In settings, select the group from the Group dropdown menu where you'll move this calendar.
- Step 3: Staying in Calendar Settings, edit the LMS/App Availability settings to allow the calendar to be viewed in the app. Choose Public to make the calendar available to all app users, or choose Specific roles to limit visibility to certain constituent roles.
- Step 4: Save the calendar settings. These changes have no effect on the calendar itself, only its location and availability in the app.
- Step 5: Return to your Mobile Apps > Content Settings and click the pencil next to Calendar settings to open up the Manage Content window for your Calendar or Events.
Choose which directory groups to display
As you’re setting up each location, choose which groups you want to display in the app directory.
Click “Select Groups” to bring up a list of the groups underneath the “Locations” node in Group Manager. If you don’t already have a group for each location, you’ll need to create these groups and use dynamic filters to pull in members.
Choose the group that corresponds to the location you’re creating.
You’ll choose which roles you wish to display in the directory in the Mobile Apps settings; this setting determines which location members of those roles are associated with.
Choose which resources to display
Similar to Posts, you can associate a top-level Resources gallery with a location, and all sub-galleries will be tied to the same location. Click on the three-dot menu next to the gallery and choose Settings. Use the “Location” dropdown menu to select a location.