In this Article
In this article, we’ll describe the process for granting admin permissions within Messages.
The Messages module is available to any admin user groups that have Composer permissions checked off in Admin Users. You can set permissions for the overall module, individual message folders, individual mailing list folders and individual mailing lists, and individual templates.
To access module permissions for Messages, go to the gear icon in the top-right corner of the Dashboard.
This will open up the Messages Permissions window.
For each group, choose the level of access to each area from the dropdown menus.
Message permissions may be managed via folders. To access folder permissions, hover over the three-dot menu next to the folder and select Settings. The Folder Settings window will open. Click on the Permissions tab.
There are three levels of message folder permissions:
- Admin: Users with this level of permissions have full access to the folder, including the ability to assign permissions to others. They also have the ability to move messages between folders.
- View, Edit: Users with this level of permission can make changes to messages in the folder, as well as create new messages in that folder.
- View: Users with this level of permission can see the messages within the folder.
Click on the Lists tab in the Messages module to set access for List permissions. They can be managed at two levels:
- individual list.
To access folder permissions, hover over the three-dot menu next to the folder, select Settings, then go to the Permissions tab.
To access permissions for an individual list, open the list and then click on the gear icon on the bottom right of the screen. Select the “Permissions” tab, then select the group you intend to assign permissions to.
At each level, there are four levels of permissions:
- Admin: Users with this level of permission have full access to the folder and the mailing lists within it, including the ability to assign permissions to others. Additionally, users with this level of permissions are able to create new mailing lists within the folder.
- View, Edit & Send: Users with this level of permission have the ability to add and remove subscribers from the list in addition to the ability to send a message to the list.
- View & Send: Users with this level of permission have the ability to send a message to the list.
- View: Users with this level of permission can see all folder lists, list membership and compose a message to that list, but cannot send without approval.
Note: You can increase permissions at the individual list level to a list within a folder to add more security to that list; however, the group or individual(s) with permission at the list level must also have permission for the folder the list exists within.
Template permissions are necessary for anyone who has View permission for Messages & Lists above. To access Template permissions, go to the gear icon in the bottom-right corner of the template you want to assign rights for and select the Permissions tab. Search for a specific admin user or click Select Group and choose from the groups underneath Site Administrators. Then select the level of access from the dropdown menu.
- Admin: Users with this level of permission have full access to the template, including locked rows, and can lock rows in the message so users with View permission cannot edit them.
- View & Edit: Users with this level of permission will be able to use the template in messages and edit it, including locked rows.
- View: Users with this level of permission will be able to use the template in messages, but will not be able to edit any locked rows.