Legal guidelines for using photos

In general, it is best to have a signed release form when publishing any photo, schoolwork, or identifying information. A search on "media consent form for schools" or similar phrase will turn up many examples.

Following are links to two federal statutes that apply to schools.

It is advisable to consult an attorney for questions about specific situations, and to have your release form reviewed to make sure it is adequate for your intended purposes.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful



Please Sign in to leave a comment if you don't see the comment box below.