Google Maps requires a special browser key to display Google Maps on your website.
1. Log In to the Google API Manager Console
Use your Google account username and password, and log in here: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library.
- First Time Using the Google API Manager?
If this is your first time creating an API key, you will have to create a Project first.
- Click on the Create project button.
- Give your Project a name on the next window. Click the CREATE button at the bottom-left of the window.
2. Create Enable API And Services
- Click on the Enable API and Services button on the API Manager menu.
3. Generate API Key
- Click on Credentials on the left hand menu and choose Create Credentials.
- In the drop-down menu, choose API Key.
4. Add Restrictions to the API Key
- Select the name of the existing API key. The restrictions section will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the HTTP referrers option.
- Add your site's URL in the field below and press "Save.
- Copy the generated API key to your clipboard.
- Return to your Finalsite site and paste the API Key here: Modules & Settings > Site Administration > Site Information > Google Maps.
- You will want to include a starting address for your school or district so that Google Maps can display an address. The address on the maps
- Click the Save Site Info button.