In this Article
- Create a new banner
- Add elements to your banner
- Apply banners to Composer pages
- Publish your banner
- Where do I edit my banner?
- Set banner permissions
Banners frame the main content area of a page and provide additional locations to add elements. Left and right banners are generally narrow and vertically oriented. Top and bottom banners are called "headers" and “footers," respectively.
Locate the Banners module in the Composer left navigation menu.
Create a new banner
There are two ways to create a new banner.
- In the Banners section of Composer, click on the green + button next to the type of banner you want to create (Headers, Left Banners, Right Banners, or Footers).
- Go to the Page Layout and Appearance menu and click the green + buttons next to each banner's dropdown menu.
Add elements to your banner
After giving your banner a new name and save your changes, the new banner will appear in the page’s Composer view. As with pages, banners can be populated with elements by selecting them from the element library.
The appearance of banners can change based on the Theme applied to the page. When editing a banner on a page, the banner will take the page’s theme properties. It may look different when applied to a page with a different layout. When banners are edited in the Banners section, the elements have no styling at all.
Apply banners to Composer pages
Apply banners individually to a page by entering Compose mode and clicking the Page Layout and Appearance icon on the bottom bar.
In the Page Layout and Appearance popup, define the banners that will appear on the page.
Publish your banner
When you’re finished editing, publish your banner.
In Banners, click the Publish button in the bottom-right corner.
On a page, the Publish button will appear at the top of the banner box.
When displayed on a page, even in Compose mode, the published version of a banner will be shown. To view unpublished banner changes, click into the banner to enter editing mode.
Where do I edit my banner?
Edit header and footer in the banners module
- Styling is turned off in the Banners tab which makes it easier to select the element you are wanting to edit.
- Content is often pulled dynamically.
- It is possible to see how many pages your change will affect once published.
- Previewing the banner before the publish is possible.
- The publish button and icon is in a familiar location.
Edit left and right banners on the composer page
Just don't forget to publish the banner in the top right corner and not only the page publish in the bottom right corner.
When banners aren't displaying as you think they should, it is often because the banner hasn't been published, either in the bottom right corner in the Banners module OR the top right corner in Composer.
Set banner permissions
Banner permissions are set in two places:
Composer Admin permissions: Adjust the levels on the banner column in the Global Messages admin permissions screen.
Individual Banner level permissions: Grant permission at the banner level by selecting a specific banner to open in the banners panel, then click on the settings gear in the bottom right corner.