Save time by bringing Posts content into the Messages module to display "dynamically" and pull in the most recent posts.
This article will walk through how to set up a dynamic content connection from the Posts module to be displayed in messages you create in the Messages module.
In this Article
- Step 1: Open up Dynamic Content from the Messages main menu
- Step 2: Create your Posts dynamic content
- Step 3: Configure your Post Configuration Settings
Step 1: Open up Dynamic Content from the Messages main menu
Step 2: Create your Posts dynamic content
Once you open up the Posts dynamic content area, click Create Content to start configuring your Posts dynamic content.
Step 3: Configure your Post Configuration Settings
After entering your title, expand the Content Filters menu. Choose the Collection or Boards the posts will be flowing from. Similar to the Post element, you have the option to display all posts or only featured posts, as well as only those posts with a specific tag or tags.
Role and group settings for the post will be ignored, however, as it is not possible to track a user’s role information via email.
Choose which components of the posts you would like to display in your messages.
Summary and Body content are not recommended because they may contain HTML content that’s not compatible with the email format. This may cause the content to display incorrectly or break the email’s formatting, especially on responsive (mobile) displays.
Expand out the Formatting section to configure custom formatting to your content.
- Designate how many posts will appear, what order they’ll appear in
- Choose the date format and the spacing between posts
- Decide whether to link the post title back to the default board post page.
- Customize the font that posts content will use in the message by choosing a different font family, font size, alignment, font weight, and color for each detail to give a thoroughly unique look to your dynamic content.
- Inherit Element Font will use the font set in the Formatting menu below.
Once you have configured the settings, click Save in the lower right to finalize the configuration. Your configuration will then be available to use in the Message and Template editor.