The Search element performs a search of the entire site. Results appear either in a popup on the current page, or on the Landing Page set in the Domain Settings.
To change the page that search results open on, go to the Action Menu on the Domain, select “Domain Settings,” and go to the “Landing Pages” tab. Choose the page next to “Search Page.”
In addition to the common element settings, the Search element includes the following configuration options.
- Placeholder text: Enter a word or phrase that you want to appear when the search field is inactive.
- Search button text: Enter the text that you want to appear on the button for the search field, if applicable.
- Element: The Search Box element format must be paired with a Search Results element.
- Display results from: If Composer includes multiple domains, this setting determines whether the element will search on one or more domains.
- Current Domain: Results will be displayed from pages in the same domain.
- Selected Domains: Results will be displayed from the current domain, as well as any other domain(s) selected from the dropdown menu.
- All Domains: Results will be displayed from all domains in Composer.